London Seminar - Understanding Brain Injuries
Title: “Understanding Brain Injuries”
Speaker: Professor Narinder Kapur, Visiting Professor of Neuropsychology, University College London.
Topics to be covered:
1. What are the key early predictors of outcome after brain injury?
2. Can a mild head injury cause major brain damage?
3. How real is the Post Concussion Syndrome?
4. When do symptoms and cognitive deficits not reflect brain damage?
5. What are the key issues in assessing capacity?
6. Does psychological rehabilitation or case management make a difference in brain injury?
7. Do symptoms improve after a claim is settled?
You should determine how this fits into your individual CPD plan, but the following is a suggestion from PIBA:
Learning objective for CPD plans: to gain an understanding of brain injury, the diagnosis, classification and symptoms, rehabilitation and recovery. Critically examining some of the controversial areas.
Learning rationale for CPD plans: to enable attendees to improve their understanding of brain injury medicine and litigation. To add to their knowledge of controversial diagnoses and theories so as better to understand medical reports and the more complex issues in litigation in this area.
Free to PIBA members and their pupils. No need to book.
The seminar will be followed by light refreshments.
39 Essex Chambers
81 Chancery Ln
London WC2A 1DD
Google map and directions
PIBA Admin ·
London Seminar: Advocacy before the QB Master in Mesothelioma and other Disease claims: some hints, tips, do’s and don’ts
May 02, 2019 Title: “Advocacy before the QB Master in Mesothelioma and other Disease claims: some hints, tips, do’s and don’ts” Speaker:...... find out more→
May 23, 2019 Title: “Costs – tips, hints and pitfalls to avoid” Speakers: Sarah Lambert QC (1 Crown Office Row) and Judith Ayling...... find out more→
Jun 12, 2019 Title: “Electric Cars, Bikes and the Future: An overview of recent cases involving electric cars and bikes with assessments...... find out more→