PIBA Annual Conference 2018
Online Ticket Sales Have Now Ended. if you would like to book, please email Jo Davies by clicking here
The final programme is now available - click here to download a copy
- Whipple J
- The Chief Coroner, HHJ Lucraft QC
- HHJ Melissa Clarke, DCJ of Oxford, for juniors
- Mr. Roger Tillman, consultant orthopaedic surgeon, on lower limb pathology, for juniors
- Shahram Sharghy, giving an introduction to future loss claims, for juniors
- Dr. Jon Valentine, pain consultant, on treatment modalities for CRPS & other pain conditions
- James Rowley QC, “a modern but principled guide to assessing loss of pension”, for juniors
- Dr. Bo Andersen, educational psychologist, and Dr. Renee McCarter, consultant neuropsychologist, on acquired brain injuries and the support that brain injured children need
- Jayne Adams QC on occupational asthma
- Mr. Charles Johnson, A&E consultant
- Dr. Rajat Chowdhury, consultant radiologist, on the limits of scanning, or what to ask for from your radiologist (with a practical demonstration)
- Nick Martin (IFA) and a silk (TBC), on PPOs v. Lump Sums
- Stuart McKechnie, a beginners guide to PPOs, for juniors
- Philip Turton on HAVS
- Andrew Ritchie QC, on different forms of mediation
- Ben Williams QC (back by popular demand) giving a costs update
- Derek Sweeting QC, on accommodation claims
- Stephen Kenny QC and Tim Petts, on ethical issues in practice
- Andrew Arentsen, on PI into clin neg,for juniors
- A motor insurance law update
- Liability update
- Quantum update
- And our chairman, Rob Weir QC!
This year’s conference sold out. We have managed to secure more accommodation in St. Catz but places remain limited. Book early to avoid disappointment!
|Call||Fri to Sun||Sat to Sun|
|Under 3 yrs||£125||£90|
|3 - 9 yrs||£175||£125|
Please note that there is an additional £20 discount if you opt to take an electronic bundle!
Please also note that call is by year at the date of the event, not by month within the year (in the same way that we all advertise ourselves as called in a particular year, not a particular month!). We work on a membership year, so 'Under 3 Years' call is call in 2015-17 etc.
How Do I Buy a Ticket?
Because of the large number of options, there are a large number of fields below.
Only 4 should be open to you: depending on whether you are coming for 1 night or 2 nights; and depending on whether you want as paper bundle or not. Please choose carefully. If you feel the wrong ones are available, please email Jo Davies.
Sorry the fields are not necessarily in logical order - we are trying to fix that.
- You need to be a member of PIBA to buy a ticket. If you want to join, please click "Join PIBA" at the top of any page on the site.
- You need to have an account on this new website. If you don't have one, setting up an account is really easy - see the the instructions here
- Log into your account - you will then be able to type into the relevant ticket box(es) below and click 'Purchase Tickets'
If you have any queries or problems or your ticket band is incorrect, please either email Jo Davies, our new PIBA Administrator by clicking here or Andrew Davis, Membership Secretary by clicking here.
Individual tickets should please be bought through this site as it makes our administration much easier.
If you have any special needs / dietary requirements, please email Jo Davies.
All ticket purchases are final.
St Catherine's College
Oxford OX1 3UJ
Google map and directions
Jo Davies, PIBA Administrator ·
May 20, 2021 Speaker: Toby Carlsson, Prosthetist (PACE Rehabilitation) Date/Time: Thurs 20 May 2021, 4.30pm for 1 hour Venue: Online! The link to...... find out more→